Saturday 14 December 2013

9th - 14th December. Staying positive!

Things are still going well after his rest.
We have managed two hacks on our own with minimal fuss and frustration. Both the same route, so he felt comfortable about where he was going.
Started doing some schooling too as the weather hasn't stayed very nice this week :( I had a lesson on Wednesday for my birthday back down at Dittiscombe Equestrian Centre where I used to work. I had a lesson with Emily Farleigh who is also my best friend. She got me riding positively and confidently so I could return to my schooling with adam feeling happy. Even popped a fence on the lovely prelude. She was fab and really helped me out.
I schooled Adam the next day with my other half screaming at me to keep riding him forward and positive. Quite funny really! We braved the outdoor school too! Which meant he spooked a few times.
But after an argument or two, he really buckled down and got on with it and almost gave up trying to test me. I used to ride him quite forward and go go go but I have been to afraid to push him so he had learnt he can get away with being a slug.
But he had been schooled twice now this week and the second time was a success. Off my leg and forward. Yipeeeeee!! Although I was supporting my best 'stay the Hell on' position. So I didn't look overly pretty!!
A few photos from this week :) 

Kisses on my birthday :)

Looking really quite cute. He's good at this face ! 

Schooling in the dreaded outdoor spooky school.... 

  Christmas pony! With his Christmas tree headband on.

Naaaaaw! 

No comments:

Post a Comment